Have you ever gone to the doctor and shared all your symptoms, every treatment you have tried and the doctor says, “I don’t know what to tell you. Keep doing what you are doing (which is NOT working)." Other times the doctor did not even listen accurately about the real issue, which is super frustrating.
Counseling with Kelli is a refreshing change from your infuriating and disappointing experiences in the medical field. It is essential that you are heard and understood, that Kelli learns what has worked and what has not worked, and that you collaboratively discuss what interventions are offered and WHY. You will learn innovative, simple tools that you can use without a therapist present.
In therapy, you journey together from strengthening to transformation. Your journey towards self- improvement and healing is analogous to hiking a tall mountain, when you are a novice hiker. First, you must have the necessary equipment, and you must engage in the training and conditioning of your mind and body for the hike. Strength and endurance are prerequisites to tackling the immense mountain. Hiking the mountain of change is hard work and you need internal and external supports/resources and to pace your hike for success. At the top of the mountain, you gain a new breathtaking perspective and transformative moment. We pause to celebrate your progress and accomplishments and you breathe in the moment. Then, you determine where to go next.
Like hiking a mountain, in counseling we strengthen your mental and emotional muscles first. In therapy, we strengthen external and internal resources, creating greater stabilization, skillfulness and confidence prior to addressing the most painful origins/ injuries/ traumatic experiences.
Kelli conducts both in office sessions and telehealth therapy.
Kelli has a collaborative, systemic approach to therapy. She will begin with a thorough assessment, including collateral contacts and gathering historical information where appropriate. Often assessment tools, such as checklists, will be used to assist in gaining a holistic picture. A collaborative treatment plan is created between you and your therapist.
Kelli values meeting people where they are and finding workable realities for them. In alignment with this value, she possesses a diverse menu of treatment options so that you choose the approaches that suit you. Often this may include Kelli recommending outside resources that may supplement your work. Kelli takes an eclectic, integrative treatment approach to supporting you with your goals. Kelli is passionate about providing a welcoming and inclusive place for people from all races, ethnicities, religions/spiritual orientations, sexual orientations, gender identities, and abilities.
Want some actionable steps you can take right now? Check out the TII Page!
- Traumatic experiences, including accidents, medical, losses, abuse (verbal, physical, sexual abuse/incest), neglect, natural disasters
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Compulsive or problematic sexual behaviors (all ages)
- Separation and divorce (for children and adults)
- Communication challenges in relationships
- Frustrated and overwhelmed parents
- Non-compliant, reactive children and teens
- Self-injurious behaviors
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Learning challenges
- Victims of bullying and bullies
- Obsessive Compulsive Behaviors
- Obsessive Compulsive Behaviors
- Identity struggles
- Sibling abuse
- Difficulties with intimacy
- Family conflicts or crises
- Challenges relating to being LGBTQ
- Sexual development and healthy sexuality
- Angry and aggressive behaviors
Interventions used include:
- The Collaborative Change Model (Mary Jo Barrett)
- Transformative Insight Imagery ® (T.I.I.)
- Transforming the Experience Based Brain (Stephen Terrel, austinattach.comSomatic Experiencing (traumahealing.org)
- Zapchen Somatics (Julie Henderson)
- Kathy Kain’s somatic regulation (teacher Janet Evergreen, JanetEvergreen.com)
- Play therapy
- Experiential therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – CBT
- Expressive Arts
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Energy Healing
- Emotional Focused Therapy for Couples
- Imago Couples Therapy
- Family therapy